Let’s discuss Sample Test Cases for Calendar App. Consider any android calendar app. In our case here in this post, I am going to use an example of MIUI’s calendar app. You can also use the default android calendar app. But each phone comes with tweaked version of that app. And it becomes difficult to have scenarios for the UI because of that. In such case let’s stick with one ROM and then make a sample test cases for that calendar app.
Note: There is no specific version of MIUI in consideration here. However make sure to use MIUI 9 onward or say 10 for specific application of the below test cases. You may also want to download this app on your android phone if you want. Alternatively watch some YouTube video for learning about this app so you can get the scenarios much more quickly.
Before we head down to the test cases and scenarios, let’s first discuss what calendar app should do?
- Calendar app is meant to show the current date as highlighted.
- Calender app should open to default month.
These two are the basic requirement of any calendar be it paper calendar or even the digital calendar app. Anything additional than this should be considered as extra feature and luxury for the users. So we are going to keep this basic requirement in mind and test for the scenarios that include this along with the features specific to the calendar app in MIUI ROM.
Here are some of the test cases for Calendar App.
- Does this calendar app shows current date?
- Does this calendar app shows current month?
- How the previous dates are highlighted or shadowed?
- Does the date in past or future allows editing for notes?
- Does the calendar app allows adding option of tasks?
- Does the calendar app allows displaying current year?
- Does the app allows navigation for previous months of the year?
- Does the calendar app allows settings for the UI colors?
- Does the calendar shows any religious significance of the date?
- Does the calendar shows any historical significance of the date?
- Does the calendar follows your timezone?
- Does the calendar defaults to China or US timezone?
- Does the calendar app has columns for each day to sort dates?
- Does the calendar has any way to highlight the current date?
- Does the calendar app has visibility for the current holidays?
- Does the calendar app has option to customize it?
- Does the calendar app allows user to add horoscope option?
- Does the calendar app allows storing the birthday?
- Does this calendar app allows you to store events?
- Does this calendar app allows you to store anniversary?
- Does this calendar app allows you to store countdown?
- Does this calendar app allows you to sync with Mi account?
- Does this calendar app allows you to sync with Google account?
- Does this calendar app allows you to check panchang (hindu star-sign significance)?
- Does this calendar app allows you to retain data if you move to another device?
These are some of the calendar specific scenarios that I can think of. Again you can go deeper with feature specific tests. Like say syncing and adding events etc. You can get more deeper depending on how you wish to test them. Most of the automated tests make it easier for you to cover multiple tests. So I hope that the test scenarios and test cases explained here are helpful to you. Do let me know if you have any specific test cases missed by me.
I hope you find these test cases useful. If you have any other test cases and suggestions in mind then feel free to suggest in the comments. I’d appreciate if you share the post on social media.