This post explains some of the test cases for the mobile phone. For the sake of simplicity, we are choosing smartphone (touchscreen). In next post, I’ll cover the test cases for the telephone (analog/digital) with wired connection. Feel free to add additional test cases to the below mentioned ones or you can let me know more in comments.
Let’s assume this sample mobile phone with touchscreen functionality. You can assume this phone as iOS powered iPhone or Android Device.
Touchscreen Test Cases
- Check if the natural gestures work for swipe functions of phone.
- Check if the touch gestures work for phone setting.
- Check if the launch icons for software work with touchscreen.
- Check if the idle applications can be removed from the queue.
- Check if the idle applications are possible to open with touch.
- Check if the top press on the button increases volume.
- Check if the down press on the button decreases volume.
- Check fi the pressing entire button opens up the volume bar.
- Check if the power button opens up menu for the restart, shutdown and other boot options.
- Check if the power button pressing once locks the phone.
- Check if the power button pressing turns off the light.
- Check if the idle phone can be boot up by pressing power button.
- Check if the radio of phone requires audio connector.
- Check if the radio of phone can be enabled by connecting headphones.
- Check if the audio point enables the headphone settings of the phone.
- Check if the audio point is functional.
USB Power Point
- Check if the USB plug accepts the wire for charging as per specification.
- Check if the USB plug accepts the wire of different company but with same specification.
- Check if the USB plug connection starts the charging.
- Check if the plug doesn’t connect with the point of different specification.
- Check the signal and network strength in different regions.
- Check the performance of the internal memory.
- Check the performance of the external memory card with the operating system.
Calling Test Cases
- Check if the phone allows dial-pad for making call.
- Check if the phone allows disconnect and connect option for the ringing phone.
- Check if the phone allows connection from the contacts.
- Check if the phone provides history for missed calls and called numbers.
- Check if the location history is given in the call history or while on call.
- Check the incoming call.
- Check the outgoing call.
Additional Test Cases
Here are some of the generic test cases irrespective of the mobile operating system.
- Check the phone operating system for usability.
- Check the phone design for usability.
- Check if the curve edges of the phone makes it easy to hold.
- Check if the square edges are easy to handle.
- Check the battery performance of the mobile.
- Check the functionality of the additional keys if exist.
- Check if the model of the phone is according to the requirements.
- Check if the display works as expected ( or according to specifications)
- Check if the manual instructions work on the mobile phone.
- Check if the mobile dimensions are as per specifications.
- Insert the SIM incorrectly and check the phone.
- Don’t insert the SIM and see how the phone operates.
- Check if the SIM can be inserted properly.
- Check if the SD card can be inserted properly.
- Check if the message sending function works.
I hope the test cases help you. If you have any suggestions and comments then feel free to let me know. Feel free to share the article on social network and forums. 🙂