In this article, we discuss Test Cases for Refrigerator. There are various types of Refrigerators in the market. You can find that each one of them has different capacity. It also comes with various settings and options for the cooling. So we are going to discuss some of the common options that are available with the Refrigerator. So let’s take a look at some of those requirement from the Refrigerator.
Here’s one sample Refrigerator that you can assume for these test case.
Consider this as one of those automated machines which can adjust the temperature as needed. And it can also keep the smell from coming out of the appliance.
Here are some of the test scenarios for the Refrigerator.
When you buy the Refrigerator, you get to install the appliance. And here are some of the ways you can test it.
- Check if the Refrigerator gets turned on or not after plugging in the appliance.
- Check if the installation instructions are listed into manual.
- Check if the power plugs connect the power to appliance.
- Check if the light is turned on after connecting appliance.
- Check if the durable material is used for the appliance.
- Check if the refrigerator requires any initial setup for proper functionality.
- Check if the power plug of the Refrigerator is as per the countries electricity standards.
After installing the device, you have to check if the appliance works as per the requirement. Here are some test scenarios to verify that.
- Verify the setting of the Refrigerator as per the manual.
- Check the cooling of the each setting.
- Check the frosting works as per the setting.
- Check if the door turns on light when opened.
- Check if the door turns off light when closed.
- Check if the temperature can be adjusted with the knob or the LCD display inside.
- Verify the condensation feature of the Refrigerator.
- Check if there are specific settings for the vegetables and other specific type of food.
Usability & Design
Another type of test scenarios can be acquired from the usability & design of the Refrigerator.
- Verify if the weight of the appliance is as per the specification.
- Check if the design of the appliance is as per the specification.
- Check if the interior of the appliance is easy to clean.
- Check if the doors are easy to open.
- Check if the fiber and rubber material is durable.
- Verify the hinges of the door.
- Check the texture and durability of the color.
At the end of the day, you have to find out the performance of the machine. So here are some test scenarios for you to check out.
- Check if the appliance can handle the voltage variation.
- Check at what voltage level fridge stops functioning.
Keep fridge open and verify how the fluctuation in cooling works inside.
Check if there are any voltage fluctuations when the door is open.
These are some of the scenarios that you can check out. Feel free to let me know if you have any other suggestions for the test scenarios in the comments. Do share the article on social media and ask your friends to comment here.