We’ve got some test cases interview questions in our comment box. In this article we discuss test cases for water dispenser. We take a look at both functional and non functional scenarios.
Depending on the model and the type of the machine, the test cases will vary. So for the sake of simplicity I am considering the blue star dispenser machine. You can choose any other local dispenser that you have around.
Note : If you are being asked this question in interview then clear this point with the recruiter. I have found around 6 different types of water dispenser machines. And each machine literally has plenty of test scenarios which may differ from one model to another. I am sure you’ll be able to explain them once you and the person you’re explaining gets the idea of which type of machine you’re referring to in your test cases.
Check out the image below for the reference.
Here are some of the test cases that you can write for the water dispenser.
1. Check the size of the machine and verify if it is as per the requirement.
2. Check the height of the machine is as per the design specification.
3. Check the color of the machine is as per the specification.
4. Check the paint is as per the design specification.
1. Verify the placement of the cold water.
2. Verify the placement of the wasted water region.
3. Verify the placement of warm water.
4. Verify the placement of the normal water.
5. Verify the water dispensing from the outlets.
6. Verify if the water knob fits for most bottles.
7. Verify if any module placement leads to water leakage.
8. Check the water holding bucket and stand and verify it’s placement.
9. Check if entire unit is easy to move from one place to another.
1. Verify if the water temperature control module is functioning.
2. Verify if the power control module is functioning.
3. Verify how the extra water is controlled & check if it’s functioning.
4. Verify if the water level is monitored by the control module.
5. Verify if the water flow level can be controlled through knob.
Functional Test Scenarios
Here are some of the functional test scenarios that you can check out.
1. Check if all the water outlets are functional.
2. Check if the water outlet is getting water as per the specification. e.g. warm water from same outlet and so on.
3. Check if the water supply to the water dispenser is working as per the specification.
4. Check if the power supply works fine and as per specification.
5. Check if the water level indicator works.
6. Check if the water dispenser closes the knob properly.
7. Check the flow of the water is easy and continuous.
These are some of the test scenarios that you can write for the interview questions or for your working test writing job. You can add more test cases which may vary depending on the type of the machine you are assuming for test. Feel free to add more test cases in the comments below. I’d appreciate if you share the link to this article in social media. Ask your friends to read this article. 🙂